Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Trampoline

We now have an indoor 38" trampoline. At the Sonlight Moms group last Friday I asked about how the others help their kids use up energy when the weather is bad. The first suggestion was to bundle them up and go outside anyway. We have roofing debris in the yard right now, so the backyard is not very safe. Also, DS2 runs off in an unsafe way, so I asked for indoor ideas. Someone suggested a trampoline.

While I was helping a friend pick through the lumber from our garage teardown, DH and the boys played nearby. DS2 wandered over to the neighbor's yard (we no longer have a "fence" because of the garage being down). When I went to get him, we saw their mini tramp next to the play fort. I called my neighbor and asked to buy it. She offered to loan it to me until spring to see if I really wanted it, and so she could ask her kids (since it is theirs, not hers).

This morning I brought it inside. The boys had a WONDERFUL time. We count jumps for fun. It took a little practice to get used to balancing, but now they can each do 100 jumps without stopping. They were very excited to show Daddy when he got home from work today. I think my couch cushions and their beds may survive the winter, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment