Friday, January 26, 2007

Playing school again

We "played school" again today. DS1 asked about it yesterday. We were busy this morning with MOPS, then lunch with Dad, then I was gone for a while. I had forgotten, but he remembered right before dinner. So after dinner he eagerly put the dishes away while I set up the little table in his room. I had to search for the Handwriting Without Tears book because practically everything got moved in December to make room for our Christmas gathering and gifts.

He had a great time coloring and drawing lines. A few times he wanted me to do a page. I reminded him that if I was being the teacher and he was being the student, then I would show him how to do the first one, but that he should be the one to do most of the page. That explanation satisfied him. At one point I thought he might suggest that he wanted to be the teacher and I could be the kid. That would have been fun and fine with me, but it didn't come up (this time).

Other fun things he/we did today:

* made up silly rhyming words (this has been a popular activity for the past couple of weeks)

* made a teddy bear sewing card - I drew the outline and and cut the cardboard, he punched some of the holes and I punched some

* threaded some foam "beads" on a string

* laced around the edges of the bear - he was very consistent lacing up then down repeatedly, quite different from Monday at PAT when his "stiches" were in many different directions

* showed Daddy how to lace the teddy bear

* bedtime story was from Click magazine - it was about mixing colors, both pigment and light - the pigment mixing is old hat, but the light mixing was new information

No comments:

Post a Comment