Thursday, January 11, 2007

Actually

Here is a list of observable characteristics of gifted children. Actually, I came to it from a Sonlight Forums thread of someone wanting to know if there was a connection between giftedness and kids saying "actually" a lot. Just a few weeks ago DH commented about DS1 using that word frequently. Perhaps DS1 just uses is a lot because I do also. If he states something that is not quite accurate, I often say "actually, blah-de-blah" to correct him. An example of that happend Tuesday talking about the US flag being at half-staff. When he told me why it was down half way on the pole, he said "when someone dies", and I corrected with, "actually, only when the US president dies". It can be a polite and concise way to say You're wrong, I'm right, and here's why or perhaps just the confidence behind Believe me, I'm right, and here's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment