Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sonlight Box Day

On Thursday, I placed a big order from Sonlight for the rest of the books we will use for "kindergarten", as well as books for the next year. The "Core" is history, geography, and literature read-alouds. It also has language arts, readers, and science. There are other electives available, too, but I didn't get any of them this time. The Core, Language Arts, and Science each come with an Instructor's Guide. It is primarily a schedule, but there are also activity sheets, teacher notes, and other resources.

The box arrived this morning. It came by FedEx and weighed 30 lbs. I had considered waiting to open it until DH was home, but DS1 said, "Let's see what's in the box!" So we opened it. It contained 52 books to read, 2 CDs, 4 instructor guide/schedules, 1 calendar, 1 set of time-line figures, 1 game, 1 binder, and 1 necklace (the free gift for mom).

It was funny today, when I was putting the IG together (into the binder), DS1 asked what it was. I told him it was something for me for his school. He said, "I don't go to school." I said, "Well, you're homeschooled." He replied, "I know that." He was still confused about what the IG's were for. We've never used a schedule of any kind. The only time he's been in a school building is when we go to Parents As Teachers playgroup, that we call "playgroup at the school". We also go to "the homeschool church" where our small co-op meets. Poor kid, his mom should just pick some vocabulary terms and stick with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment