Thursday, May 24, 2007

Repetition is good, right?

We're going on a vacation to Colorado in the near future, so at our last library visit we got a book on Colorado and one on caves (Cave of the Winds is on our agenda). Yesterday I read the cave book to DS1 at least 4 times. Actually I started it 4 times. We never got to the end, but each time we restarted he wanted to start at the beginning instead of where we left off. I thought I might get to the end of it today because the last time we started it, he said I could restart in the middle on the same day but I would need to start at the beginning on a new day.

However, we didn't touch the books today. Today we watched videos a lot. The boys call them "Kids Singing." Two of the 3 are from Cedarmont Kids and the other is a Bible Action Songs video that is similar but from someone else. I think those 3 videos were watched a total of 5 times, but I may have missed once or twice. DS1 will sometimes do the actions along with the kids in the video, but only when he thinks I'm not watching. We also watched at least 3 of our Baby Einstein series videos. (Last night we misplaced the TV remote, so changing channels was time consuming today. I'm not sure the boys know we can change the channel from the front of the TV. The DVD/Video player has its own remote.)

No comments:

Post a Comment