Thursday, April 16, 2009

Roadschooling, day 1

We left KS this afternoon for our weeklong adventure in an RV. This is a test run, to see if we all like it as much as we imagine. DH and I have dreamed of travelling in an RV for years. Our boys started asking about it after watching a Caillou episode (on PBS Kids) that included an RV a year or two ago.

This morning they built an electric train track at my sister's house while DH and I had the walk-through at the RV rental place. Then we all met at home and packed up the RV. We had been staging things in one room for about a week, and we all set out clothes last night, so except for the kitchen supplies and food it went very quickly.

We bought some new car games as well as some maps and travel/map games to bring along. We have already spotted 10 state license plates! Each boy chose some books, dvds, and toys, too. Tonight for bedtime we read from one of our Sonlight books, Milly-Molly-Mandy, that is usually a breakfast story book.

Today has been a very good birthday for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am so interested to see how your first official adventure went!! We are leaving in 10 days for ours. We have a 27 ft class C...can't wait. The kids have been packed for days!! Been homeschooling for a year and a half. Originally from KS...that's what caught my eye!! I grew up in Hoxie!! (NW KS). I hope everything goes GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete