Friday, August 17, 2007

This week in review - Aug 13-17, 2007

Monday started out with both me and DH home with the boys. I had been on a trip and was expected back on Monday, but I drove 11 hours on Sunday to get home early. The "big event" this week has been going to the park on Wednesday and playig in the water instead of "going back to school" as most other kids in the city did that day. I wore my new t-shirt that I got from VistaPrint. It says "Life is Learning, Learning is Life, Everywhere, All the time." Five other homeschool families from our group were there, along with others that I didn't know.

We have also played a lot of games this week: Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Tic Tac Toe, Toss Across, Uno, Millie and Bailey Kindergarten (software), and Jumpstart Advanced Preschool (software). We have played Smash Hockey, made a tent with the couch cushions, played with the giant floor puzzle number tiles (including DS1 learning to correctly read 4 digit numbers), put together at least a dozen 12-25 piece puzzles and 3 different 100 piece puzzles, and smashed aluminum cans for recycling.

We also went to Genesis for my yoga class, so the boys played with other kids there. We stopped at the grocery store to mail 2 packages afterwards. Also, two neighbor kids came over for about an hour on Monday when their parents needed some kid-free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment