Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Day

Tomorrow public school starts here. DS1 would be going to kindergarten at the Culturals Arts and History magnet school 3 blocks from our house, from 9:00am to 4:10pm. Instead, if we get going in the morning, we are going to a park with interactive sprinklers with some fellow homeschoolers.

For some strange reason, this afternoon I had the urge to check out the local public school website. That's how I know DS1 would have been in full-day K, in 1 of 2 classes at the school. The school's individual website has sections that are quite out of date (newsletters & calendars from spring 2006!). They must have done something different last year, but the links off their main page still point to the old stuff. I know I don't update this blog very often, but at least I'm in the right month!

Why am I nervous? Tomorrow will be no different than today. I got a new t-shirt which says "Life is Learning, Learning is Life, Everywhere, All the time". I think I'll wear it tomorrow. :-)

2 comments:

  1. You know, I was the same way last year when my oldest would have started Kindergarten. I even checked out our potential school's website! It was really nice watching that school bus go by at 7am, while my kids and I ate breakfast together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day my oldest didn't go to school, too. It some how makes it feel more official. You really are outside the box. Not just planning to be, but truly out there.

    The shirt sounds like a good choice for attire tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete