Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My "Roll Call" on SLUnschoolers

I have 2 sons, ages 4 and 3. I have the Pre-K IG and most of the books. I also have Math U See Primer and many many other books.

Primarily we play, read, watch cartoons, and play computer games. Both boys are quite proficient at finding "their" websites (Nick Jr, Playhouse Disney, PBS Kids) and navigating around to a wide variety of games, in addition to the CD games we have. Last night's favorite was Reader Rabbit Thinking Adventures.

We go to a playgroup most Mondays and some Wednesdays. I try to take them to a park on days we don't go to playgroup. Our homeschool group has half hour "Enrichment Classes" on Fridays and there are some preschool level ones, so we are trying that. The boys were excited to go but sat and watched most of the time. I think as they get used to that group of kids they'll participate more.

A few weeks ago while I was watching the MUS teacher DVD, DS1 came over and watched with me. So I got out the blocks and his workbook and he did 2 or 3 lessons. We haven't gotten it out since, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment