Monday, February 27, 2006

Yes! This year!

After a very moving worship service Saturday night on the theme of Covenant and Commitment, and after the boys were asleep, DH and I discussed many things. One of the discussion points came around to me quitting my job to be at home. With no more daycare fees, the big obstacle is our mortgage payment. It will pay off in September 2007, but I don't want to wait that long. Some mornings it is very frustrating trying to get everyone ready and out the door for work and daycare. Some days one or more of us is crying by the time we leave. DH admitted to thinking that there were days he wished I would just give my 2 weeks notice so we didn't have to morning problems. After a little more talking, we agreed that it would be better to wait until the end of summer, when daycare's "year" ends.

While taking my shower Sunday morning, it hit me, "He said, 'Yes'!" I just kept saying that over and over to myself, almost deliriously happy. Then I started thinking about the practicalities. I realized that when DS1's class starts talking about "moving up" to the preschool room all together when they come back from the 5 day break in August, I need to start preparing him for staying home instead. Even though we haven't had any play dates with his classmates, I do want to get some phone numbers of friends. This past August, his best friend didn't come back, and he was quite sad about that for a while. DS2 will not need to "move up" since his birthday is in September.

My next dilemna is deciding how and when to tell my supervisor. I want to give him more than 2 weeks notice, but I think it's still too early. I'm considering that when we come back from our June vacation might be a good time.

I'm excited, anxious, and a bit nervous. I will have to make myself remember that we're NOT starting school, but I'm becoming a SAHM. Play groups, Exploration Place, parks, the library (with story time), but not school. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment