Since I tend to be inconsistent about keeping up with all of my good intentions, I figured if I got started now and practiced a little, maybe I would be ready when the time comes.
Some interesting tidbits:
- Boys Scouts can probably be counted as PE because of all the camping and hiking. It can also be "leadership training", especially for boys who end up earning Eagle rank.
- Dance could be PE or Fine Arts.
- High school level work taken early may be counted as a high school credit. (Think advanced student.)
- When including these early classes, put the year the class was taken not "in 7th grade."
- Any work done while high school age may be counted as a high school credit. (Think remedial student.)
- College level work may be counted as a high school credit. (Think dual enrollment.)
- Keep a transcript even if they don't think they are college bound. (Opinions sometimes change, or the transcript might come in handy for other purposes.)
- Determine credit count (1 or .5) based on books or hours.
- Activities can be counted as a class or as an activity, but shouldn't be listed as both.
- Unschooling life learning activities can be tracked by topics and hours, then grouped together. When a group reaches 120-180 hours, you can describe it as a class.
- Classes taken away from home (co-op, online, public school, summer camp/school) can be listed on your transcript, but you should include the title and grade as listed by the source.