Friday, April 11, 2008

Socializing

For the second day in a row we have had some another homeschooling family over to our house for small group interaction. Both days went well overall and included lunch here. Yesterday's family was an 7 yr old girl, a 5 yr old boy, and their mom. Today's family was an 8 yr old boy, a 5 (almost 6) yr old boy, a 4 yr old boy, and their mom. Today was much louder.

We have also met a single family at a park recently. They were a girl who is older than my boys, a boy younger than my boys, and their mom. That went well, too, even though it was a little chilly.

Even though I like the park days with the big group, I like the one on one family get-togethers better. My boys will play with the other children more instead of just playing on their own or with each other. It's really nice that I'm starting to feel like we have friends instead of just acquaintances within our homeschooling group.

No comments:

Post a Comment