Wednesday, September 26, 2007

7 Day Virtual Field Study of Kansas

While looking for Lake Afton Public Observatory teacher resources for tomorrow night's field trip, I stumbled across this wonderful virtual tour of the geoscience features of Kansas. Each day in the 7 day trip has its own page, with an itinerary, photos, maps, and plenty of informative and interesting commentary.

It appears to have been written by Randall Mousley at Mississippi State University in the summer of 2003, for a Field Methods class in the Teachers of Geoscience Masters Degree program. He currently teaches 7th grade science at Stucky Middle School in Wichita, Kansas. If his classes are anything like his virtual field study, then his students are fortunate! (If my deductions are incorrect, I would appreciate receiving correct author information.)

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for the wonderful compliment. If you ask any of my students, you would find that your deductions are indeed correct.

    It may seem strange, but I occasionaly "google" my own name to see what is out in the cyberworld about myself. This is how I came across your blog post.

    I'm glad the "Virtual Field Study" of some use!

    ReplyDelete