Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Home School Mothers: the Beatrice Brigade

This article is a very positive, uplifting tome about home school mothers and the influence they have inside and outside of the home. He comes from the perspective that most home schoolers are Christian and "traditional", but yet he also recognizes the diversity of homeschoolers.

I know some wonderful women who are home schoolers but not Christian, some who would bristle at the descriptor "traditional", and some who fit both of those categories. I even find myself realizing that I am more "traditional" than I used to be, and certainly more than I used to think I wanted to be. I've changed over the years. Having kids has a lot to do with that, but just living life and maturing has a lot to do with it, too.

Keep reading past the first 4 paragraphs to get to the good parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment