Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It has begun

Yesterday was our first day as a family with mom and kids at home. (I was home the week before, but they boys were still in daycare. I got a lot done some days and watched a lot of TV and rested some, too.)

Saturday we went to a picnic for families using Sonlight curriculum in our area. We planned the monthly field trips for the kids and the moms meetings. A few of the field trips will be appropriate for my boys, but some will not. As we introduced ourselves, I said I would be using the PreK "very loosely".

I have signed up for enrichment classes with WIHS for 7 Fridays this fall. I wasn't planning to do that since my boys are preschool age, but for some reason I looked at the class list. There were classes for little ones, middle ones, and older ones. So we will be doing things like "Gentle Yoga," "Stories & Rhythms," and "Music-n-Movement" that are targeted to kids 6 and under. (Thanks Steph.)

Yesterday we went to a Parents As Teachers playgroup. My sister has been taking her girls there once a week for a couple of years now, so we were excited to see them. This morning DS1 came into my room while I was still in bed (already awake) and told me to hurry so we could go to playgroup again. I had to tell him it was just on Mondays. We will have WIHS playgroups on Wednesdays, though, but those will be a much more diverse age group, not just preschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment